Saturday, April 23, 2011

I'm baaccckkkk!!!

I know, I know, you were probably wondering what the heck happened to me? No worries dear friends, I am back blogging again, but not without a few stories to tell my readers.
First of all, I was and still am in the hospital. The Sunday after I posted last I woke up with severe pains in both legs. I was diagnosed with onset Multiple
Sclerosis five years ago and it's not unusual for me to have joint pain. Hubby took me to the ER, and they gave me some pain meds and sent me on my way. That evening I fell asleep early because of the pain medication. The next morning I woke up with pains in my stomach that were so bad I couldn't stand up straight. Yup, you guessed it....back to the ER. This time the doctor told me it was not related to my MS, but to a blockage in my small intestines. I was immediately admitted, upgraded to a pain pump, and told that if I did not pass it naturally, I would be having surgery. After two weeks in the hospital, I finally passed it naturally.Though I am still in the hospital, the doctor was here not fifteen minutes ago. He promised that I would be released tomorrow....Easter Sunday! I am making plans to celebrate Easter Sunday with cooking ( yes I know I will only be released a few hours, but I am cooking dinner myself!), and to see my church family who I love dearly.I am honestly not sure if I could get through all the recent trials and tribulations without all those dear people! I can't wait to hug each and every one of them! Tomorrow is shaping up to be a super day! The Lord is making sure of that fact!
Unfortunately though, being in the hospital the last two weeks forced me to be disqualified for the Move it or Lose it Challenge :( The rules state that you must keep up with your progress every week. I was really upset about it, but then I realized something. So what if I am not eligible for a cash prize? I can still get my health in check and become a more fit me! That is definitely a prize in itself right? Because of this, starting on Monday....I will be posting as if I am still a participant! I was doing so awesome, I truly believe that being in the hospital should not deter me in the least bit. It will include everything that was mandatory in the challenge...including scale pictures as well! Watch out for that post on Monday :)
The last revelation I had while being hospitalized is in regards to the future. As this blog progresses, you will hear more and more about my health struggles. Briefly....I have a genetic disorder that has resulted in cancer 4X, Anemia, and many surgical procedures. I have been through a lot in my life, but I have always wanted to become a registered nurse. Many of those in the medical profession have told me that there is no way I could do this because of my stamina which is always extremely low. Honestly though, who are they to say what I can and can not do right? I do not want to live a life of "what if's" and wondering "what could have been", so I am going to apply to Midlands Technical School's registered nurse program here in South Carolina! Hopefully I can begin for their summer term. If that doesn't go as planned I will start in the fall. My hubby is all for it too! I have been asking the nurses that are taking care of me about the program and they say it's pretty tough book wise. I believe that 99% of all the people that complete the program pass their state boards on the very first try! Am I scared? Of course I'm scared, but hey I beat cancer four times....this should be a piece of cake ;)
Well, that's the update! More soon!

Hugs and Blessings!

Juli XOXO

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment